Sunday 23 October 2011

Intensive Week 4!


I started week 4 with a very determined spirit. I was curious of what I was supposed to do this week. Unfortunately, on Monday I got my left foot plastered for two weeks. I was in terrible pain but I tried to meet the deadlines and complete my assignments.


I enjoyed reading the articles posted to us. It really changed my views on teaching methods. I was very impressed by the use of Multimedia in teaching. It’s a really new device for us. We can come out of the bookish world and lay emphasis on more technological aspect of teaching. The importance of visuals in teaching is really important. Students must no longer be treated as passive receptacles. We should give learners their autonomy and give them the chance to learn better and faster through the use of computers. 


The article on writing was really enriching. The author has devised many teaching strategies for various components of teaching. So much information has been given. I am going to use them in my class that is for sure. It was so detailed and informative that one can easily adopt them in class. 

The sample of the lesson plan was really helpful. By creating our own technologically based lesson plan, made me think of my project which I am supposed to do. We do many things and use devices or additional materials unconsciously in our teaching but when it comes to lesson planning it really helps. We are giving our lessons a right path and there is no overlapping


I sincerely hope that I will be able to change my way of teaching and bring about the newness in English language teaching through technology. I am sure that this course will eventually help me and my colleagues in creating interest and passion for the language in our students. 

Shavila


1 comment:

  1. Hello Shavila,

    I'm so sorry you hurt your foot and were in terrible pain. You completed the week just fine except for posting a comment on someone's Nicenet discussion post. If you do that, you'll be 100% successful with week 4.

    I hope you are feeling better and not in much pain.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete