Sunday 2 October 2011

Enriching Week 1 !

My first week in the course was a real great experience. To start with, a great thanks to, Donna for giving us instructions step by step and for having so much patience for us. 
Education, in general is a very important thing to care about. It is one of the most important means to reach our goals in life and realize our ambitions. For us, we have our students and for them we have to be well-prepared for the future. 
Effective teachers can motivate and inspire children to reach their potential even when, they don't want to or feel that they can. I feel that we can achieve many things through this course. 
I was really scared in the beginning of how to use all these new technologies, for,I was not used to them. Now I am familiar with them and I am trying to use them and personalise them in my own way. I am really excited to use blogging in my teaching. I was discussing this course with the Rector of my college and he was really eager to learn about blogging. He is really keen to implement all that I am learning in our college. 
Education is thus the starting point of every human activity. We must always seek knowledge and be ever willing to learn. I had some apprehensions but now I very much at ease with all what we are learning. I am looking forward for next week's tasks. 
Our students will never care how much we know, until they know how much we care for them. I want to share this with you;

"Adolescents entering the adult world in the 21st century will read and write more than at any other time in human history. They will need advanced levels of literacy to perform their jobs, run their households, act as citizens, and conduct their personal lives." -- Richard Vaca, author of Content Area Reading: Literacy and Learning Across the Curriculum

So,if we start using technology now, we can readily become one of the advocates who aids in getting the reforms to education that we need to teach these technologies to our students.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shavila,

    Nice reflection. Great things are possible in a teacher when he/she brings transition from traditional to learner-based teaching. It's great to learn that you have been trying to achieve both academic and professional excellence. Beginning is usually hard. But once one gets going then the things become rather easy.

    I agree that reforms are needed in education sector especially in state-run schools and colleges where the technology integration is extremely necessary to meet the requirements of 21st century and to prepare competent brains.

    Tariq Hayat

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shavila,
    “Adolescents entering the adult world in the 21st century will read and write more than at any other time in human history”- sounds absolutely true. But we have to keep in mind the way the new generation are likely to perform this. We are dealing with three basic types of sources presently: print; print to digital; and born digital. Though I stand for students reading books as an absolutely special experience I can’t but agree that digital books, thus writing are becoming of a more common use with young people. I suppose it will be interesting to visit the web site: http://strategictechnology.jiscinvolve.org/wp/2008/11/25/the-strategic-role-of-it-in-teaching-learning-library-services-and-research

    ReplyDelete