Sunday 16 October 2011

How To Make Teaching Fun!

Indeed it has been a week where so much has been said and done.

Firstly, CALL has been a very good way of allowing us to ponder on the fact that, while teaching we do not really focus on the  listening or oral skills as we should have been doing. In my country we normally have examinations for oral English but we do not give importance to listening which is a very important aspect in second language acquisition. Through CALL, we could get relevant information and also many strategies and ways by which listening can be introduced and enhanced in the teaching and learning process. 

Delicious!!, as the word itself says!Delicious was the page where we could learn so much. In the beginning, I was scared of how to save a link, create a stack, tags etc..Gradually it became like playing and I was really satisfied of myself. I was learning something which I never heard of and which I never came across. I was thrilled when I was able to save my links which I tend to write in my diary or simply forget about them. It is really a very useful tool for us. We can use it daily when we are searching for notes, creating lesson plans or web quest. Also, we can easily mail the addresses to students or make them create their own Delicious page.
Now, I am spending more and more of my time ,searching and searching.

The last but important aspect of this week 3 was reading about the project report. It was of great help to me. 
Now, I feel more confident about the project plan that we have to make. I read two of the project reports and I realised that I didn't think about certain things. It gave me an insight of what I was supposed to do. Each of them had a different way of proceeding and having different cultural background, it was interesting to note the learner's attitude towards technology. 

We have learn so much in the past three weeks. Hope it remains an everlasting process. 

Shavila

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shavila,

    I have a feeling that you are a life-long learner and that learning and discovery will be an everlasting process for you!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete