Sunday 27 November 2011

Week 9


“Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere”.  ~Chinese Proverb.
Week 9 has again been a fruitful week. Our course is the treasure which will follow us everywhere. We have acquired so much in these 9 weeks. It’s really amazing that we were able to see and believe in ourselves. Maybe, we did not know that we were capable of doing so many things. The one who deserves the credit is Donna, who has been very patient and a very good guide throughout the course. I shall never stop thanking YOU Donna!

Gardner’s principles have always fascinated me. There should be diversity in learning. As teachers we should cater for diversity in the teaching and learning process. By knowing the different learning styles of our students, we would be able to know their strength and weaknesses. As such, we shall know how they can improve their weaknesses and strengthen their strong points. The theory of Multiple Intelligences is a guide for teachers to devise various lessons so as to be able to cater for students’ needs. 

 This week we had to send our Final project plan. As I am not teaching, it was rather a difficult task for me. I would have loved to experiment what I had planned to do. I could plan but forecasting the results was a problem. I could have had many different opinions on what I had done. I would have had extended my plan to the members of my department so as to implement the project in other English classes. 

It has been a short week. There is a mixed feeling of sadness and also excitement at the end of this week. I am really looking forward to share my experiences and knowledge with my students and colleagues. 

Shavila

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shavila!

    What a wonderful and befitting quote you've got to encapsulate the webskills course!

    I agree with you that we should seek diversity in teaching as our learners are diverse.

    Muhammad Rashid

    ReplyDelete