Sunday 20 November 2011

WEEK 8


8 weeks! My God! We have been doing so much in 8 weeks. It’s really unbelievable. So much has been done and learnt in 8 weeks. 

This week was the one with the most technical aspect. I started by ANVILL. ANVILL is really an effective tool in the teaching and learning process. I learnt so much. We can devise so many teaching tools in ANVILL. Our students will really benefit from what we are learning. Learning has become so much fun and so interesting. Unfortunately, I could not benefit from such tools when I was at school. I can say that students of nowadays are really lucky!!

I was really looking forward to create my class on Nicenet. I even talked to some of my colleagues on this subject and they have agreed to start their classes on Nicenet next year. I was satisfied when I created mine this week. Though I will not be able to implement it right now, I was happy to give it a try. I think that my students are going to love those discussions. At last, they will be autonomous. Having such a class will also create a different learning atmosphere and students will be excited to comment on their friends’ posts. 

My first experience in a Webinar was on Friday. Indeed, it had been a great experience. It was the first time that I was attending a live Webinar. Although, I had to wait a lot as it was after 10 pm in my country, I was very excited and did not want to miss anything of it. I started very early in case I lost connection or it would take time. I was thrilled by how it was so smoothly done. I learned about Voiceboards which is really an effective tool. The only problem I may get maybe will be internet connections but it s worth to experience it with students.

Planning our projects meant the course was going to end. I was really unhappy on thinking that the course was going to end by the time we submit our final plan. It was a good way of reviewing. The questionnaire was well designed. Finally, we were working in a group which again made me think that group work can be done in that way also. For us group work has always been done in class. 

It’s on a very sad note that I am going to end my reflections. 

Shavila

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Shavila,
    You have done so much this week that you can't feel sad-I am sure the future looks more optimistic when you know that a great community of teachers are so close via I-net: just click on the link and we are here! I hope that E-Teaching will bring much satisfaction and new ideas into your class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Olena,

    You are absolutely right. We have a great future ahead of us and sharing our knowledge with our colleagues at work will be a very noble work to do.

    shavila

    ReplyDelete